Friday, April 24, 2015

Book Review ~ Gentle Steps on the Journey of a Healing Heart By Clara Penner





















Gentle Steps on the Journey of a Healing Heart - Living joyfully through rocky times
By Clara Penner
Genre: Personal development,  self help, healing, chronic illness, parenting, or adult illness


In Gentle Steps on the Journey of a Healing Heart: Living Joyfully through Rocky Times, author Clara Penner shares her family’s story of their journey to healing their hearts when their family is faced with the news that their newborn son is affected with severe hemophilia. As their world is dramatically changed with this new unknown future, she must navigate a new path and overcome her fears of the unknown.


Penner describes her family’s roller coaster of emotions when faced with the realities of chronic illness, as well as the ways that each person overcame this helpless feeling. Capturing stories of the challenges each family member experienced and the steps to their healing, she shares the amazing triumphs of the human spirit and explores how each of us has the power within to shape our destiny. Transform from just surviving life to living it, loving it, and becoming a part of it! Penner shares the steps her family discovered for everyone to use in their own journey:


Validate the rush of emotions in creative ways.
Evaluate your belief system.
Create a more purposeful life.
Align your life to reach your goals.
Discover the authentic you.
Experience the pure love of family;
Accept the power of you and enjoy the journey of your life.

My Review


I found Clara Penner's story to be incredibly inspirational. She writes about the birth of her son who is soon diagnosed with hemophilia, a chronic illness she faces, as well as the addition of her second child to her family. Clara faces an enormous amount of emotional and physical turmoil with these various illnesses, and this undoubtedly puts a strain on her marriage.


This workbook is a combination of Clara's journey with journaling space (with writing prompts) for readers to look deep within themselves and reflect on their goals as they travel through life. I adore the honesty that Clara has with her children and the persistence to see the love and light among the darkness.



Author Bio


It’s me Clara Penner.  Author & Blogger. Here is the scoop on me…
I am the wife of one, mom of two kids one boy one girl and 2 dogs) & 1 cat
I love to explore energetic vibration, which would explain why my chosen career is to assist other lovely creators to live life by choice not chance so they can climb on up the energetic vibration scale and create an abundant life full of greatness.  


I also get to share all of the GREAT info I have learned over the past 12 years of learning how to use my emotions to propel me forward and not drag me under with all of my emotional surfing community over on my blog emotionalsurfer.com or on social media.

My hobbies are Mediation, writing,  hanging out in nature with my four legged friends, camping, reading, and I love watching a great movie but truth be told it’s the popcorn that lures me in every time.


That is a quick preview of me but who knows what great treasures are still to unfold in this adventure called life.


Links to social media








Available on Amazon!










No comments:

Followers