Sunday, August 28, 2016

Book Review: A Confession by William F. Aicher




















A Confession
By William F. Aicher
Genre: Literary Fiction, Contemporary Fiction, Psychological Fiction, Philosophical Fiction

William F. Aicher’s A Confession takes a look inside the mind of a nameless man struggling to find meaning in a life that he now questions. Journey with him as he navigates through this crisis by recounting of the choices he has made to a captive. His falling in love with a millennial, a glossy mirror of who he used to be, just adds to his life questions. This timeless internal struggle explores the very definitions of arrogance, freedom, regret, ego, control, public humiliation, and blackmail in the digital age.

My Review

A Confession is a wild ride. The title is very fitting as readers are immediately introduced to a man who is feeling the need to divulge some experiences he has had throughout life. It felt like a mix of diary-style writing with some memoir and fiction mixed in. 

Honestly, I did not like this man very much, but the author's engaging writing kept me hanging on for more.  I was hooked enough that I needed to find out where this strange man was taking us. At times, I got lost in the story of his life, forgetting he was retelling these moments. 

I never ever saw the ending coming, so kudos to the author. I believe in spoiler-free reviews which means I will not peep what the ending holds, but I will say it is awesome and unexpected. This is a twisted, psychological story that left me a little haunted by this unknown stranger.


Author Bio 

William F. Aicher is the author of the upcoming novel, A Confession, and two previous books. He works a “day job” as the Chief Marketing Officer for online sheet music retailer, Musicnotes.com and is also a champion of intellectual property rights in the digital age. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2000 with degrees in philosophy and journalism and lives just outside Madison, WI with his wife and three sons.

Find the author online



No comments:

Followers