Sunday, April 8, 2012

FAT-TASTIC! #2: a comp zine

Two years ago I decided to put together a compilation zine that celebrated loving your body. A place where people could share stories, rants, and artwork about body image. I was very excited about the feedback I received from the first issue. It felt good to be  part of something that people found both comforting and uplifting. Library Journal recently published a wonderful review of FAT-TASTIC.

Last week I completed the layout for issue #2 and it is now available to order!



FAT-TASTIC! #2
A compilation zine about loving your body.
Spring 2012

$1.50/20 pages/Half size
by Sage & contributors


Issue #2 of FAT-TASTIC! includes submissions regarding body image, being fat & healthy, a thank you letter to Beth Ditto; plus a lengthy interview with yoga instructor, writer & Curvy Yoga founder, Anna Guest-Jelley. Photo submissions: “can you hear my cries”, genders speak out," and “going underground.”

From the interview, Yoga For Every Body: My mom took me to my first Weight Watchers meeting when I was 11. So for me to be in my body – to just feel good and not self-conscious or self-loathing – well, that was monumental. It was from that moment that I got hooked on yoga.

Issues #1 & #2 of FAT-TASTIC! can be purchased at my Etsy shop or 
at my zine distro, Sweet Candy!





No comments:

Followers